9 Funny Facts from our 9 Years of Marriage
- The hubs and I met playing volley ball, my in-laws met each other playing volleyball. The first time I saw my husband was at a dance. The first place my in-laws saw each other was at a dance. I am a lot like my mother-in-law, more than my husband wants to admit. We even got married on the same day as them June 7th, just some 30 years apart. What can I say in weird ways we like to follow their lead. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
- The hubs and I want a big family, with lots of kids. We are blessed with three biological children, but hope to someday adopt a more. My child bearing days are pretty much done. We will probably go the special needs adoption route and adopt siblings that need a forever home. Don’t know when that will happen, but still a desire of ours. If you ever hear of a situation keep us in mind.
- We didn’t have a wedding cake. We had a brownie bar. I take that back, my sister thought it was silly that we didn’t want cake, so she went to Walmart and bought a cute, small round chocolate cake and put a cute decorative monogram “C” on top. But, we never cut the cake or ate any. Brownies are our thing, we even celebrated tonight with the kids tonight by having brownies.
- We have moved nearly 9 times in 9 years. How is that even possible??? We hope to move again soon into our own house (renting currently), and stay put for a long time. A very long time.
- We invited our wedding photographer to our hotel suite right after we got hitched. Our room overlooked the temple and we wanted to get a photo with the temple in the background. She took a couple fun shots of us jumping on the bed too. Well… she forgot her keys in the room. She was timid to knock on the door, since ya know….30 year old Mormon kids who are finally married….
Well… once she found her keys in our room,…. on with the afternoon… As we were heading out to our reception an hour or so later we realized we never shut the door to our Honeymoon suite.
And that is how you get a blushing bride…😊
- We own a 1 bedroom house, 2 bedroom house, 3 bedroom house, and did own a 4 bedroom house (which we sold 2 ½ years ago).
- We have been fortunate to travel with the hubs job on some occasions. In the past few years we have been able to hit many places including:
San Francisco, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Salt Lake, UT
and of coarse… Indianapolis, IN
He has traveled many more places we haven’t been able to join him like:
New York, NY
Fort Sumpter, SC
Colorado Springs, CO
Detroit, MI and few more here and there.
- Everyone in our family has had an ER visit at least once. Boo!
- Although there has been a lot of crazy over the past 9 years, I can say that the Hubs and I make a good problem-solving team. There is always a problem to be worked through and I am so grateful we get to journey together. Happy Anniversary!
I know it has been awhile since I have blogged, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello!! Comment and say hello too!