I have been wanting to try out this project for a while and finally got around to it.
Lil’Miss had these bum overalls that never stayed snapped. I decided rather than pass on a bad pair of overalls to someone else or throwing them out, I would made a new outfit.
Originally I wanted to use these two children’s shirts. It turns out that the diameter was only slightly larger than the overalls so I wasn’t able to gather the fabric. I decided to sew it together and give it a shot anyhow.
I wasn’t pleased with the results. So I dug up another shirt that I no longer wanted.
I used a women’s baby doll t-shirt and cut it off right below the bust.
As you can see it turned my non-functional overalls to a cute toddler dress.