Well, PUL is expensive, so I got my creative juices flowing and decided to try something different. I have made wool diaper covers from upcycled sweaters, so a while back when I was at a thrift store I got this idea of trying to make a diaper cover out of a waterproof jacket. That day at the thrift store they had a certain color tag where all the items of that color were $.99. I found two jackets that were each $.99. I was pretty excited for this new project.
So here is my result. A totally upcycled diaper cover, Velcro and all. To be honest with you, I finished it last week and we haven’t tried them out yet. I have been getting such good deals on diapers, I just haven’t had the push to get fully back into cloth diapering.
Once I put the cover on my daughter to see how it fit. I realized I am going to have to put new Velcro on it. I used the Velcro from the jacket sleeves, but it has been well used and doesn’t stick well enough for a diaper.